2012 Dance Forum
Thank you to all who attended the 2012 Dance Forum!
Jan. 6, 2012
9 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.
FREE. Open to all. APAP registration is not required.
Hilton New York
Kick-off 2012 by attending the 2012 Dance Forum, a free pre-conference event at APAP, exploring residencies and dance.
Residency programs provide artists with a unique opportunity to develop and perform their work in a supportive environment. Yet, while programs in the U.S. provide residencies to more than 10,000 artists annually, fewer than 10% of the participants are dance makers.
Attend the 2012 Dance Forum, presented by Dance/USA and APAP, to learn more about the state of residencies in dance.
- Hear research highlights from Mind the Gap: Artist Residencies and Dance, a recent study conducted the Alliance of Artist Communities.
- Explore the state of residencies in dance.
- Understand the various approaches to dance residencies.
- Hear from working artists on their experiences with dance residency programs.
- Learn about FOCUS DANCE, an exciting new initiative, produced by Gotham Arts Exchange, to present and promote dance to both the national and international presenting community.
Alliance of Artist Communities
Live Arts Brewery and Philly Fringe
Philadelphia Live Arts Festival and Philly Fringe
National Dance Project
New England Foundation for the Arts
Maggie Allesee National Center for Choreography
Florida State University
Choreographer and Artistic Director
Lucky Plush Productions
The Chocolate Factory
Long Island City, NY
Vermont Performance Lab
Rena Shagan Associates, Inc.
New York, NY
Producer and Director
Gotham Arts Exchange
New York, NY
Held in collaboration with the Alliance of Artist Communities, New England Foundation for the Arts and Philadelphia Live Arts Festival/Philly Fringe.