Lois Welk, Director
Dance/UP was founded in 2007 to provide resources, promotion, and collaborative opportunities for the dance community in the greater Philadelphia area. The Philadelphia branch was made possible by a group of committed professionals in the community who formed the Dance Services Steering Committee. The William Penn Foundation provided the initial support for the creation of the Philadelphia branch. The goals of the new office include establishing leadership within the community, advocating for dance, creating a virtual and physical information hub, and supporting capacity and audience building initiatives.
Major funding for Dance/UP is generously provided by:
- The William Penn Foundation
Additional funding and technical support is provided by:
- Dance Advance, a program of The Pew Center for Arts and Heritage administered by the University of the Arts
- Pennsylvania Council on the Arts
- Philadelphia Cultural Management Initiative, a program of the Pew Center for Arts and Heritage
- LINC Philadelphia (Leveraging Investments in Creativity) administered by Melissa Franklin of the Pew Fellowships in the Arts and Beth Feldman Brandt of the Stockton Rush Bartol Foundation
- The Samuel S. Fels Foundation
Visit Dance/UP for information on programs, staff, Advisory Board and more.
Dance/USA also works in alliance with Dance/NYC
, an independent nonprofit organization that offers the following forms of support to the New York area dance community: advocacy and research, professional development services, and cooperative communication.
Visit Dance/NYC for information.
back to top