The Dance/USA Business Affiliate membership category is open to for-profit and not-for-profit corporations who work with the dance community. Members in this category are encouraged to be an Annual Conference sponsor or exhibitor. Contact Dance/USA's Director of Development for more information.
To become a member of Dance/USA, simply complete our online form. You will be added to our database and begin receiving member benefits immediately. The Dance/USA membership year runs from July 1 to June 30 (of any given year). Dues for new members joining in the middle of the member year will be pro-rated on a quarterly basis*. Business Affiliate members may choose to establish a payment plan for their membership dues. All memberships are renewable annually on July 1 and dues are invoiced during the month of May. Please contact the Director of Member Services with any questions regarding membership, benefits, the application process, or dues payments.
- For-profit corporations: $500/year
- Not-for-profit organizations: $350/year
*For new members joining in the middle of the member year, dues are prorated on a quarterly basis. Any payment(s) made on membership dues are non-refundable.
Benefits marked with an * are extended to all permanent employees of the organization. Employees should contact the director of member services
to inquire about any of these benefits.
Leadership & Learning
Research & Information
- Access data and statistical information.*
- Annually review our Snapshot of the Field.*
- Keep up-to-date on news from the field by reading The SPIN and Member Bulletin; organizational members are invited to submit news items to be included in The SPIN as well as job and audition announcements to be included in the Member Bulletin free of charge.*
- Get in-depth review of key topics in the field - and add your voice – with our online e-journal From the Green Room.*
- Request one (1) non-customized complimentary copy of Dance/USA’s mailing list per member year.
Advocacy & Visibility
- Be visible on Dance/USA’s website with a link to your organization’s website.
- As a member of Dance/USA, you are also a member of the Performing Arts Alliance; respond to timely action alerts when an important issue needs your attention.*
- Receive monthly updates on arts funding and policy issues.*
- Advocate for dance by joining our Dance Advocacy Network. Contact Dance/USA’s Government Affairs Director to join.*
- Receive talking points and assistance with scheduling visits to speak with federally elected officials.*
- Stay informed about federal legislation that directly affects you and your work (i.e., federal funding, tax resolutions, visa policies, etc).*
Benefits marked with an * are extended to all permanent employees and dancers (when applicable) of the organization. Employees should contact Kellee Edusei, Director of Member Services, to inquire about any of these benefits.