Join us on Saturday, July 16 from 3:30pm to 6:00pm for an afternoon dedicated to experiencing Chicago. From riding along the river to eating your way through the city, we have some wonderful tour options for you to choose from to complete your Dance/USA conference experience.
Dance in Sacred Places - hosted by Partners for Sacred Places
- Partners has organized a tour of the Chicago Temple and Second Presbyterian Church. Just to summarize, this will be more of a sacred places tour. Partners just launched a new program called Arts in Sacred Places - the program goal is to create a mutually beneficial relationship between Chicago’s houses of worship and the arts community by connecting those with space with those that need space. Our interns have been conducting research and are in the process of surveying congregations, parishes, dance groups, musicians, artists, community groups, etc. for the project.
- Note – this bus will leave the hotel at 3pm exactly for a 3:30pm launch
Architectural River Tour – hosted by Chicago Architecture Foundation
- This is one of Chicago’s most popular tour.
It provides an excellent view and understanding of Chicago’s
architecture all while cruising down the Chicago River on “Chicago’s
First Lady”. The tour highlights over 50 buildings and relays their
history and architectural splendor.
- Price $ 35.00
Coffee, Pastry, & Wine Tasting - hosted by Chicago Savvy Tours
- Andersonville, a Chicago neighborhood that
is known for its Swedish heritage. Even today, there is a great deal of
Swedish influence in the shops, restaurants, and of course, the
bakeries. Visiting six venues you will taste Turkish coffee, Chinese
pastries, Swedish cookies, and to top off your experience and cool you
down for the evening, you will be able to sip a glass of refreshing
- Price $ 33.00
Take in the sights before
heading home. Chicago is a major airline hub, you can leave after dinner
and get home before bedtime! Bus Service will be available from/to the
hotel. Deadline to sign-up is July 5, 2011.
To Sign Up:
1. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org Saturday Tour should be in the subject line
2. Indicate tour you are interested in
3. Payment will accepted by check only at conference registration (sorry, no credit cards)
4. Your reservation will be confirmed, and additional details supplied on July 6th.
Take in the sights before
heading home; as Chicago is a major airline hub, you can leave after
dinner and still get home before bedtime! Bus service will be available
from/to the hotel.