Dance/USA, the national voice for the professional field of dance, seeks a Membership Fellow to work in its membership department. The fellowship program, launched in 2012, provides an aspiring dance administrator the opportunity to connect with the national dance community, to help raise awareness of dance in America, to stay up-to-date with field-wide trends, and to provide a practical work experience.
This position is available March - August, and is currently filled for 2013
The Membership Fellow is integral to the operations of
Dance/USA’s Membership Department. Responsibilities include member communication, serving as point-of-contact for special
projects within the Department, and assisting the Director of Member
Services in hiring a fall intern.
The Membership Fellow will work 25 hours per week for the first two months and 30-40 hours per week for the last 4 months, for a total of 30 weeks. In return, the Fellow will receive:
- A stipend of $6,000, including a $20/week travel subsidy, evenly divided over the course of the fellowship.
- A two year complimentary Dance/USA
individual or student membership.
- Opportunity to attend the 2013 Dance/USA Annual Conference in Philadelphia, PA.
- Opportunity to write an article for Dance/USA's e-Journal, From the Green Room.
To apply for the fellowship, submit the following items to Executive Administrator Melissa Lineburg
. Please include Membership Fellowship
in the subject line of your email.
- Cover letter, stating the purpose for applying for the Fellowship, what you hope to gain from the experience, and your short- and long- term career goals
- References (2)
- Letter of recommendation (must be from someone other than your references)
If you have any questions, please contact Melissa Lineburg
or call Dance/USA's national office at 202.833.1717.