The International Affiliate membership category is open to dance related institutions outside of the U.S. Members in this category are invited to actively participate in one of several Dance/USA Standing Councils depending on their organization’s focus.
To become a member of Dance/USA, simply complete our online form. You will be added to our database and begin receiving member benefits immediately. The Dance/USA membership year runs from July 1 to June 30 (of any given year). Dues for new members joining in the middle of the member year will be pro-rated on a quarterly basis*. International Affiliate members may choose to establish a payment plan for their membership dues. All memberships are renewable annually on July 1 and dues are invoiced during the month of May. Please contact the Director of Member Services with any questions regarding the membership, benefits, the application process, or dues payments.
Dues are calculated based on the operating revenue from an organization’s most recently completed fiscal year and are as follows:
- Up to $100,000: $150/year
- $100,001–200,000: $225/year
- $200,001–500,000: $350/year
- $500,001–1,000,000: $600/year
- $1,000,001 or more: $1,000
*For new members joining in the middle of the member year, dues are prorated on a quarterly basis. Any payment(s) made on membership dues are non-refundable.
Benefits marked with an * are extended to all permanent employees of the organization. Employees should contact the director of member services to inquire about any of these benefits.
Leadership & Learning
- Join quarterly Council Calls to connect with your colleagues to discuss current trends in the field.*
- Participate in in-person Council meetings at our annual conference.*
- Register for Dance/USA’s Annual Conference at the discounted member rate.*
- Access the member exclusive International Affiliates' Google Groups. *
- Participate in free distance learning opportunities hosted by organizations like NFF and NTEN.*
- Attend the Dance Forum, annually held in New York City, just prior to the APAP Conference.*
- Receive discounted registration rates to attend other national conferences.*
Research & Information
- Access data and statistical information.*
- Annually review our Snapshot of the Field and add your costumes and sets to our online Repository.*
- Keep up-to-date on news from the field by reading The SPIN and Member Bulletin; organizational members are invited to submit news items to be included in The SPIN as well as job and audition announcements to be included in the Member Bulletin free of charge.*
- Get in-depth review of key topics in the field - and add your voice – with our online e-journal From the Green Room.*
- Sign-up for health insurance from Fracture Atlas through Dance/USA’s Open Arts Network partnership.*
- Request one (1) non-customized complimentary copy of Dance/USA’s mailing list per member year.
- Subscribe to GrantStation and receive weekly emails detailing grant opportunities from around the country.*
Advocacy & Visibility
- Be visible on Dance/USA’s website with a link to your organization’s website.
- As a member of Dance/USA, you are also a member of the Performing Arts Alliance; respond to timely action alerts when an important issue needs your attention.*
- Receive monthly updates on arts funding and policy issues.*
- Advocate for dance by joining our Dance Advocacy Network. Contact Dance/USA’s Government Affairs Director to join.*
- Arm yourself with various tools to advocate for dance.
- Request complimentary peer consultation letters to obtain visas from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service.
- Stay informed about federal legislation that directly affects you and your work (i.e., federal funding, tax resolutions, visa policies, etc).*
Benefits marked with an * are extended to all permanent employees and dancers (when applicable) of the organization. Employees should contact Kellee Edusei, Director of Member Services, to inquire about any of these benefits.