Thank you for your interest in submitting a Project Idea to EDA. Before you begin, please note the following reminders:
- Note to California Applicants: Current Irvine Foundation grant recipients may not apply to EDA for the same funded project but may apply for a differenct project; if you have questions, please contact Suzanne Callahan, project manager.
- By now you should have submitted your Field Survey of Audience Engagement Practices to WolfBrown, EDA audience research partner. If you have not completed that step, you must do so now, by clicking on the link above, before beginning your EDA Project Idea form. You may download a PDF of the survey to review the questions before you start the online version.
- You must be a Dance/USA organizational member in good standing to be eligible to submit a Project Idea. If you have questions about your membership status, contact the membership manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-833-1717. If you are applying as a Consortium, additional eligibility restrictions apply; please review the Eligibility Requirements in the Guidelines and the FAQs for answers that may pertain to you.
- You will need your EDA user name and password to complete the online Call for Ideas form. Your user name is the email address of the contact person(s) listed on your Dance/USA membership. Your password is unique to your organization, and was emailed to your Dance/USA member contact person(s) in the second week of February. If you have joined Dance/USA since that date: log-in information is being emailed to new members as their memberships are processed, but there is a turnaround time of several days. If you have questions, please email email@example.com to obtain information about how to log on and set up your password.
- To apply, complete the following three steps:
1. First, download the Call for Ideas Form in Word format . There are character limits for each field on the Call for Project Ideas Form. So draft your answers and check the character counts so that you can cut and paste them into the online form.
2. Then, enter your responses into the online Submission Form all at one time. We have experienced some technical difficulties with the Online Submission to EDA, so please do not enter more than once or you may need to begin again. The form must be submitted online through the link below.
3. When you post your submission online, also email your Word document to eda@ForTheArts.org. Title it with the name of your organization.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that your Idea Submission transmitted. On May 7, a confirmation will be emailed to your project director, as listed in Questions 11 and 14. If your project director does not receive this email on that day, please contact us by close of business on May 8 at 202-955-8325 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Dance/USA is not responsible for submissions that were not confirmed in this manner.
If you have questions or difficulty with any aspect of this process, feel free to contact Suzanne Callahan, project manager, at email@example.com or 202.955.8325.
Call for Ideas Form in Word format
After your Word version is ready, Log on to submit your Call for Project Ideas.