Friday, January 6, 2017
New York Hilton Midtown | Trianon Ballroom | 3rd Floor
1335 Avenue of the Americas I New York, NY
The annual Dance/USA Dance Forum convenes a wide variety of individuals working in the dance industry to connect with peers and discuss timely, field-wide topics of interest. The 2017 Dance Forum was presented in a workshop-style with opportunities to dialogue with peers and speakers from across the country in both large and small group conversations.
Many community members joined Dance/USA for this two-part event to discuss models and strategies for empowering dance audiences, presenters, and artists. Part I dove into audience engagement learning from Dance/USA’s Engaging Dance Audiences, followed by a close look at dance touring in the U.S. with a snapshot featuring the National Dance Project and North American Performing Arts Managers and Agents. Part II featured snapshots with multi-disciplinary presenters who have successfully brought dance to their communities.
The Dance Forum was interactive and featured networking opportunities.The event was free and open to the entire dance community; APAP registration was not required. Multi-disciplinary presenters were encouraged to attend!
All attendees had the opportunity to enter a drawing to win a 50% discount to the 2017 Dance/USA Annual
Learn more about the 2017 Dance Forum Speakers here!
8:45am | Networking
· Coffee service will be provided from 8:45am to 10:45am.
9:00am | Welcome & Updates from Dance/USA
9:15am | Warming Up the Room
· Get to know your colleagues in the room through a series of facilitated activities.
9:25am | Audience Engagement Snapshot
· Features speakers from Dance/USA’s Engaging Dance Audiences (EDA).
9:40am | Small Group Discussions
9:45am | Q &A with Speakers
9:55am | Dance Touring Snapshot
· Features speakers from the New England Foundation for the Arts’ National Dance Project (NDP) and the North American Performing Arts Managers and Agents (NAPAMA).
10:10am | Small Group Discussions
10:15am | Q & A with Speakers
10:25am | Networking Break
10:40am | Setting the Stage
· We will take time to frame the dialogue around the upcoming snapshots.
10:45am | Snapshot A
11:00am | Snapshot B
11:15am | Snapshot C
· These three snapshots will feature success stories from multi-disciplinary presenters who have successfully brought dance to their communities.
11:30am | Small Group Discussions
11:35am | Q & A with Speakers
11:50am | Wrap Up & Reflection
12:00pm | Adjourn
The 2017 Dance Forum took place on Friday, January 6, 2017 from 9am- 12noon at the New York Hilton Midtown.
Dance/USA is grateful to the Kristopher McDowell, Dance/USA Agents Council Chair; Walter Jaffe, Dance/USA Presenters Council Chair; and Charles Santos, Executive Director/Artistic Director of TITAS Presents, for their guidance and shaping of the 2017 Dance Forum programming.