2018 Call For Photos
Calling all LA Dancemakers!
Dance/USA seeks photos of LA dance companies and artists for use in its marketing materials for the 2018 Annual Conference
held in Los Angeles, CA June 6-9. This is a great way to include your company in the showcasing of the LA dance community both locally and on the national level. Please review the guidelines and submission directions below.
- The less detailed the background, the better.
- The rule of thumb on resolution is: bigger = better.
- Cameras used should have a minimum resolution of 5 megapixels. Digital SLR cameras are preferable to point-and-shoot cameras, and images taken by camera phones are generally unacceptable for print usage. A good file size is 3,000 x 3,000 pixels and 5 MB or greater.
- Acceptable file formats include JPEG, TIFF, PNG, and RAW.
- Provide photo credit, including company name (if applicable), dancer(s), and photographer in the title of each image.
- Submit a word document with the contact information for the artist or company’s media contact.
- By submitting this photo, you (your organization, the dancers, and the photographer) give Dance/USA permission to use the image for all 2018 Conference marketing and promotion purposes.
How to Submit Your Photo(s)
Create a Dropbox file and share it with Dance/USA.
Create and download your own free Dropbox account here today.*
*2GB of space are available with the free version of this product.
- After creating an account with Dropbox or logging in to your existing account, create a new folder titled with your organization’s name.
- Upload all images to this folder. Rename each file with the appropriate photo credit, including company name (if applicable), dancer(s), and photographer. Also kindly include a word document with your contact information.
- Select the “Share” icon to the right of the folder and invite Dance/USA as a collaborator using the following email address: Danceusa@danceusa.org
- After typing in the email address, click the “Share” button & your transfer is complete!
Not all submitted photos will be selected. If your image is selected, you will be notified.
Questions about the Conference?