2018 Call for Videos
Calling all LA Dancemakers!
The 2018 Dance/USA Annual Conference is coming to Los Angeles June 6-9 and we need your help! Please share clips of performances, rehearsals, flash mobs and other highlights of your work for use in marketing materials for the Conference. We will create at least one video to herald the Conference and Los Angeles, and we plan to use filmed glimpses of LA dance on social media and other digital platforms to announce, promote and celebrate the 2018 Dance/USA Annual Conference and LA dance. This is a great way to include your company in the showcasing of the LA dance community both locally and on the national level.
The deadline to submit clips is December 15, 2017.
Video Submission Guidelines
- Please submit several clips of you and/or your company featuring a diverse range of dance genres, costumes, settings, and casting.
- Clips must not exceed 2 minutes in length.
- Submit high-quality, high-resolution performance footage.
- If available, please submit clips of performances featuring Los Angeles locations.
- See ‘Video Requirements’ for acceptable formats.
- Include all media contact information as well as videographer credits and dancer credits.
- By submitting video clips, you (your organization, the dancers, and the videographer) give Dance/USA permission to use the clips for Dance/USA marketing materials.
- Minimum requirement: HD [High Definition] Resolution: HD 720p [16:9 aspect ratio] Bit Rate: 5,000 - 10,000 Kbits
- Better resolution would be: HD 1280p or HD 1920p [16:9 aspect ratio] Bit Rate: 10,000 - 30,000 Kbits
- Video Compression Format: Codec H264
- Frame Rate: 24, 25, 29.97, or 30
- Format: MOV and MPEG4 files
- Please do not send SD (Standard Definition) Video
- Please do not send video with text overlay, graphics, or watermarks
How to Submit your VideosPlease note: not all clips will be selected for the video. If your clip is selected, you will be notified in early January 2017. We also will notify you if your clip is selected as part of the Conference social media campaign.
Having technical issues?
Need to ask more about uploading and submitting videos? Contact DanceUSA2018@danceresourcecenter.org
Want to learn more about the 2018 conference?
Contact Sydnie Liggett, Dance/USA Director of Programs, here.
Clips must be received by December 15, 2017
Here's to the rich, vibrant and varied dance community that is Los Angeles!