2018 Dance Forum at APAP
Friday, January 12, 2018
New York Hilton Midtown
1335 Avenue of the Americas | NY, NY
Coffee will be served!
The 2018 Dance Forum, presented by Dance/USA as a pre-conference event at APAP, will bring together a wide variety of individuals working in the dance industry to explore concepts of relevance, community, place-based work, and truth telling – creating dance in and for today’s society. The event will be presented workshop-style with opportunities to dialogue with peers and speakers from across the country in both large and small group conversations. Dance Forum is free and open to the entire dance community; APAP registration is not required. Multi-disciplinary presenters are encouraged to attend!
The 2018 Dance Forum will be moderated by Karina Mangu-Ward, Organizational Design Lead, August.
2018 Dance Forum Speakers
- Marc Brew, Artistic Director, AXIS Dance Company, San Francisco, CA
- Joan Hamby Burroughs, Dance Anthropologist and Educator, Birmingham, AL
- Sean Dorsey, Founder and Artistic Director, Sean Dorsey Dance and Fresh Meat Productions, San Francisco, CA
- Gina Gibney, Artistic Director and CEO, Gibney Dance, New York, NY
- Jerron Herman, Development Director and Dancer, Heidi Latsky Dance, New York, NY
- Krissie Marty, Associate Choreographer and Director of Education, Forklift Danceworks, Austin, TX
- Allison Orr, Artistic Director, Forklift Danceworks, Austin, TX
- Michelle Ramos, Board Chair, Dance/USA, New Orleans, LA
- Malik Robinson, Executive Director, Cleo Parker Robinson Dance, West Denver, CO
- Alice Sheppard, Choreographer and Dancer, San Francisco, CA
- Linda Yudin, Artistic Director, Viver Brasil, Los Angeles, CA
Learn more about the 2018 Dance Forum Speakers here!