Agents, Managers, Producers & Promoters
The Dance/USA Agents, Managers, Producers & Promoters membership category is comprised of booking agents and artist representatives for companies and artists large and small, emerging to established. Members in this category are invited to actively participate in the Agents, Managers, Producers & Promoters Council, a Standing Council with representation and voting rights on the Dance/USA Board of Trustees.
To become a member of Dance/USA, simply complete our online form. You will be added to our database, and upon completion of payment, and begin receiving member benefits once your new membership has been processed internally. The Dance/USA membership year runs from July 1 to June 30 (any given year). Dues for new members joining in the middle of the member year will be pro-rated on a quarterly basis*. Agents, Managers, Producers & Promoters members may choose to establish a payment plan for their membership dues. All memberships are renewable annually on July 1 and dues dues are invoiced during the month of May. Please contact the Director of Member Services with any questions regarding membership, Dance/USA's core services, benefits, the application process, or dues payments.
- Organizations with no more than three full-time agents on staff: $150/year
- Organizations with four or more full-time agents on staff: $350/year
*For new members joining in the middle of the member year, dues are prorated on a quarterly basis. Any payment(s) made on membership dues are non-refundable.
Benefits marked with an * are extended to all permanent employees of the organization. Employees should contact the Director of Member Services to inquire about any of these benefits.
Leadership & Learning
- Join quarterly Council Calls and in-person Meetings to connect with your colleagues and discuss current trends in the field.*
- Register for Dance/USA’s Annual Conference at the discounted member rate.*
- Access the member exclusive Agents, Managers, Producers & Promoters' Google Group.*
- Participate in Dance/USA webinars and expand your learning on a specialize topic.*
- Attend the Dance Forum, annually held in New York City, just prior to the Association of Performing Arts Professionals Conference.*
- Receive discounted registration rates to attend other national conferences.*
Research & Information
Advocacy & Visibility
- Access data and statistical information.*
- Annually review our Snapshot of the Field.*
- Keep up-to-date on news from the field by reading The SPIN and Dance/USA Bulletin; organizational members are invited to submit news items to be included in The SPIN as well as job and audition announcements to be included in the Dance/USA Bulletin free of charge.*
- Get in-depth review of key topics in the field - and add your voice – with our online e-journal From the Green Room.*
- Request one (1) non-customized complimentary copy of Dance/USA’s mailing list per member year.
- Be visible on Dance/USA’s website with a link to your organization’s website.
- Be represented in front of Congress, the White House, and other federal agencies.
- As a member of Dance/USA, you are also a member of the Performing Arts Alliance; respond to timely action alerts when an important issue needs your attention.*
- Receive monthly updates on arts funding and policy issues.*
- Advocate for dance by joining our Dance Advocacy Network. Contact Dance/USA’s Government Affairs Director to join.*
- Arm yourself with various tools to advocate for dance.
- Receive talking points and assistance with scheduling visits to speak with federally elected officials.*
Stay informed about federal legislation that directly affects you and your work (i.e., federal funding, tax resolutions, visa policies, etc).*
Archiving & Preservation
Benefits marked with an * are extended to all permanent employees and dancers (when applicable) of the organization. Employees should contact the Director of Member Services to inquire about any of these benefits.
- Discounts on Archiving Services.