Deadline: 5:30 p.m. Pacific Time, Friday, November 16, 2018
· We strongly advise artists to upload their online form (step 3 below) before Friday afternoon, preferably on an earlier day.
· Review the Frequently Asked Questions, particularly the ones marked as New.
· Note that, per the instructions below, you must send your information in two different formats – via an online portal and via email.
After carefully reviewing the guidelines, submit
your Letter of Inquiry by completing three steps:
1. Prepare your Letter in the following DFA Letter of Inquiry Worksheet (an MS Word document). Draft your answers in this worksheet, and check the character limits for each field, so that you can copy and paste your answers into the online form. The text boxes appear to approximate the amount of text allowed. If you need the Worksheet in an earlier version of Word, it is here.
Copy and paste your LOI answers into the online form at the
following link and be sure to press “Done” at the end to submit. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DFA-LOI
You may find that the form works better in Chrome than in Internet Explorer. Note: the questions in the online form are identical to the Worksheet. If you want to view the questions, please use the worksheet.
3. Email your LOI Worksheet, in Word, to email@example.com. Be sure to include your name in both the subject line of the email and the title of the attached worksheet. Do not send as a PDF.
Both the LOI Worksheet and the online form must be received by the deadline. Late submissions will not be considered. It is strongly recommended that applicants complete the online form well in advance of the deadline. Applicants who attempt to upload the form within the last few hours risk missing the deadline.
Please do not send work samples or other supplemental information; they will not be considered by the review panel.
Confirmation of receipt will be sent via email by Friday, November 23, 2018.
If you have questions or difficulty with any aspect of this process, feel free to contact Suzanne Callahan, Consultant and DFA program director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 955-8325.Return to DFA Overview and Guidelines.