Dance Heritage Affiliates
During the transition period, members of Dance Heritage Coalition can join Dance/USA for the 2017 - 2018 member year at a special rate. The Dance Heritage Affiliates membership category is open to dance heritage professionals, including archivists, librarians, faculty, students, scholars, critics, choreographers, and dancers. For more information about this transition, click here.
Dance Heritage Affiliate Institutional & Organizational members are invited to participate in the new Dance Heritage Coalition Affinity Group. The Dance Heritage Coalition Affinity Group is a peer network for discussions of issues related to preservation, access, and engagement with dance heritage materials. Members also become a part of Dance/USA's broad network of professional dancers, administrators, presenters, and educators, and have access to Dance/USA's conferences, advocacy, and field research.
To become a member of Dance/USA, simply complete our online form. You will be added to our database, and upon completion of payment, begin receiving member benefits immediately. The Dance/USA membership year runs from July 1 to June 30 (of any given year). All memberships are renewable annually on July 1 and dues are invoiced during the month of May. Please contact Shruthi Mukund, project coordinator with any questions regarding membership, Dance/USA's core services, benefits, the application process, or dues payments or click here.
Special Rate Membership Dues:
- Institutional (libraries or archives holding substantial collections of dance-related materials that are open to researchers): $350
- Organizational (organizations that support dance creation, preservation, or education, including dance companies, dance departments, arts presenters, service organizations, and legacy foundations): $250
- Individual (professionals or students who support DHC's mission, including archivists and librarians, dance critics and scholars, arts administrators, and artists): $100
*Any payment(s) made on membership dues are non-refundable.
Leadership & Learning
- Register for Dance/USA’s Annual Conference at the discounted member rate.*
- Attend the Dance Forum, annually held in New York City, just prior to the APAP Conference.*
- Receive discounted registration rates to attend other national conferences.*
- Join quarterly Affinity Group Calls to connect with your colleagues to discuss current trends in the field.* (Institutional & Organizational Members Only)
- Participate in in-person Affinity Group meetings at our annual conference.* (Institutional & Organizational Members Only)
- Access the member exclusive Dance Heritage Coalition Google Group.* (Institutional & Organizational Members Only)
Research & Information
- Access data and statistical information.*
- Annually review our Snapshot of the Field.*
- Keep up-to-date on news from the field by reading The SPIN and Dance/USA Bulletin; organizational members are invited to submit news items to be included in The SPIN as well as job and audition announcements to be included in the Dance/USA Bulletin free of charge.*
- Get in-depth review of key topics in the field - and add your voice – with our online e-journal From the Green Room.*
- Request one (1) non-customized complimentary copy of Dance/USA’s mailing list per member year.
Advocacy & Visibility
- Be visible on Dance/USA’s website with a link to your organization’s website. (Institutional & Organizational Members Only)
- As a member of Dance/USA, you are also a member of the Performing Arts Alliance; respond to timely action alerts when an important issue needs your attention.*
- Receive monthly updates on arts funding and policy issues.*
- Advocate for dance by joining our Dance Advocacy Network. Contact Dance/USA’s Government Affairs Director to join.*
- Receive talking points and assistance with scheduling visits to speak with federally elected officials.*
- Stay informed about federal legislation that directly affects you and your work (i.e., federal funding, tax resolutions, visa policies, etc).*
Benefits marked with an * are extended to a select number of permanent employees of an Institution or Organization. Employees should contact Tevin Giddens, project coordinator to inquire about any of these benefits.